Friday, May 21, 2010





Hope ya'll made it through the storms yesterday. It was not as bad here as expected, thank God, but some areas got it bad. Spent a few hours in the workshop and accomplished a good bit. Glazed 6 pieces--3 crosses, a tray, and a chip and dip set; sanded several crosses and two bowls and loaded them to be bisque fired; then made several pieces including a fish. A friend gave me a drawing of an angel fish to use as a template. I cannot wait until it finishes to see what he looks like. I have a Betta, named Destin, that is blue and red that I would love to make a tray like him, but I believe this fish may match the sea shell in the last post. Who knows what mood I will be in when the glazing starts!! The tray above is a new color combo that I love. I believe this is going to be my new pattern for my personal serving pieces. The tray has Waterfall Brown poured over it, then Antique Iron/Caramel is sponged on the edges with Blood Red sponged occasionally throughout the pattern on the edges. Then after all dried, I poured Emerald Green down the piece to make a stripe. The green turned blue after firing. I love it! Ya'll take care and be safe. Have a great weekend and God bless ya'll!!!



"When a mocker is punished, the simple gain wisdom; when a wise man is instructed, he gets knowledge"---Proverbs 21:11

No comments:

Post a Comment