Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Pottery Day!




Well, I picked up a few pieces yesterday. Loved some and not real pleased with others--normal day. My daughter came by after work and immediately claimed the one I was the most unhappy with, imagine that! She always adds a twist on my pottery. She wants it for a candle holder. I never thought of it in that way. This piece was to be a bowl with a wide rim, but after it dried it was warped and would not sit flat without tilting to one side. I fired it and glazed it in some colors I wanted to try together and planned to hang it outside, but after the glaze fire it sat flat. I still not happy with the color combo--looks good on small pieces, but not big pieces--but she loves it so it is now hers. The cross above is one I love--Antique Iron/Caramel, Golden Rod, Emerald Green, and Blood Red. I love everything about it, the shape, color and size. Heading down to the studio this morning to glaze some and make some. The shop I put my crosses in called and need a new order, so I am droppng off that on my way downtown. Well, I will be seeing ya'll later. Have a great day and God bless ya'll!!!

"When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy~Psalms 94:19"

No comments:

Post a Comment