Sunday, April 11, 2010

First attempt with red glaze




I love red, but our old glazes were not what I was looking for. This is a new one called Blood Red. The base glaze is Persimmon with Antique Iron II-Caramel and Blood Red sponged on it. Have had nothing but positive remarks so far. I still have not made up my mind. We had a great weekend, and hope ya'll did, too. I glazed 2 bowls and 2 crosses this afternoon, took 9 pieces to be bisque fired ( little worried about these-made from old clay)and made 6 pieces at my workshop. I am getting back into the swing of things. I always try to keep something in all 3 stages going at the same time. I should get the pieces I glazed back sometime this week. Hope ya'll have a great week!! Take care and God bless ya'll!!!




"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord"
-------Proverbs 21:30

No comments:

Post a Comment