Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oblong Bowl





I used a mold for this piece, well sort of. I used the bowl part for the mold and then I played with the edges by curving them to what I like, there comes that rough edges part of me! I love the shape and it is the perfect size for a serving piece. The main glaze is Antique Iron-Caramel, sponged on the edges with Waterfall Brown, and then Emerald Green is poured through the middle to make a stripe. I keep going back to this pattern of glazes and I believe it will be one of my primary ones. I did do several new things this week and they will follow in future posts. My little one (11 y/o son) and I are going to the lake today for a fishing trip with my dad. Hubby was planning to go also, but he hurt his back this week (a recurrent injury that nags) so his plans are iffy right now. We are leaving in about an hour and will be back late tomorrow. I plan on resting and enoying the sounds of nature for the next 36 hours. I will post some pics next week. It is so tranquil. My dad has a trailor that sits on the edge of a lake, it is gorgeous out there. He and my mom set this up about 25 years ago for a weekend get away. Thank you, Mom (blessings sent to Heaven) and Dad!!! Ya'll have a blessed weekend. Enjoy your family and friends. Please pray that this oil spill will end soon. Take care and God bless ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment